Wednesday, August 11, 2010

"Mow"sy On Over!!!


Briggs' 3rd birthday was lawnmower themed. At first, when I asked him what kind of birthday he wanted he said lawnmower. I tried to persuade him to do something else but he was adiment about having a lawnmower party and I am SO glad he did. I had sooo much fun with it.


Of course I had to get him a lawnmower shirt:)
I had tons of ideas for the party starting with the invitations. Mow-sy on over. CLever, huh?
I then wanted to BUY a lawnmower pinata which do not exist and ended up making one. Turned out really cute, don't think I'll ever do that again.
He had a lawnmower cake and dirt cups to eat and Bug Juice for the drinks. We had a lawnmower race, lawnmower obstacle course and the lawnmower pinata. It was a great party and the kids had a lot of fun.


This is the drink holder, aka wheel barrel with bug juice.





The cake. My poor mom had to hold the handle up. It was just a bit too heavy to stand up. The wheels started falling off too because it was so HOT!!!


Getting ready for the Big RACE!!!
When I said GO everyone took off except for Briggs. He stood still.


This is the obstacle course. You had to go around the cones.


Then around the gas cans. (THis is my dad)
Through the tunnel.
And race back to the finish line.


After the course was done we blew out candles and ate cake and dirt cups.







The table turned out so cute!


BIG birthday boy blowing his candle out!











Opening gifts.




Grady eating his dirt cup. His shirt said "Daddy's future lawnmower"







The infamous pinata.


I worked HARD on the thing!!!










Taking a swing.



For the party favors I had little shovels and rakes wrapped and had a sticker on them that said "Grass"ias, Briggs.












This was such a fun party. I am so glad that we did it!



2 comments:

Ingram Gang said...

How cute! You did such a great job. At least we have birthday parties to pour our creative juices into, right?

Tori said...

What a cute party! You did a great job, and I love the pinata! Good job!