Thursday, April 30, 2009

Momma said there would be days like this

I had my 6 week checkup last Friday. It went great. That is about the only thing that went great. It all started after I loaded the kids up into the Tahoe, and those of you with kids know how easy it is to load everyone and everything in a car, anyways, I made sure I had everything from the stroller to the diaper bags and hopped into the driver's seat, turned the key and nothing. Yes nothing. Apparently somebody, that somebody being me, left Briggs' DVD player plugged in AND running. Who new? So I call my wonderful mother in law, who just lives down the street and we loaded into her car. We arrived in Amarillo safely and I went to my appt. while Leona a.k.a the best mother in law in the world, watched my children in the foyer. As I am sitting on the couch in the waiting room I hear Briggs screaming "I want my momma" and Grady screaming too. I pondered "Should I go out there or will it make things worse?". I remained inside. They hushed after only about 5 minutes. Poor Leona. My appt. went well, like I said before and then we went and had lunch at BAker's Brothers. We did a little shopping after we ate and Grady decided to poop all over his outfit. Not a big deal, I had another outfit in the bag. Oh wait the outfit was a THERMAL and it is 97 degrees outside! I then had to buy another outfit for Grady and change him in the car. After all of that we decide we need to go home. We are on our way home and Grady breaks down screaming in Dumas so we pull over and I get in the back seat with him to console him. He finally calms down and that is when Briggs pukes everywhere! Yes indeedy! It was lovely. I am crying, because I hate to see my kids sick, and Leona is fixing to cry and trying to drive at the same time. Briggs is white as a ghost and we finally make it home and decide that Briggs might have just gotten car sick because he wasn't use to that car. We all ended up getting sick over the weekend and Cody was home for a day and a half because of his illness. Although I thought we were all dying I think we are going to make it. ( I really didn't think that). I am glad to be somewhat back to normal. Phew!

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh! The joys of motherhood! I wish I could say it gets better, but...it just gets different! They just bigger and the drama gets more interesting. I remember having to buy Zack an outfit becauase of the exact samething!
Love ya
Have a great day
Jenn