Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Gracious God


It has been a sad but happy few days here. First, Cody and I went to one of Cody's friends funeral on Monday. Cody use to work with him. He had cancer and fought SO hard. It was a good funeral (if funerals CAN be good) and they celebrated his life and showed a great slide show of him and his family.


Yesterday was my Aunt Joey's birthday. She passed away in June after a long battle with cancer also. Shortly after she died I looked up her name which is really JoAnne and the meaning of it was "Gracious God". She was such a special person and truly an angel on earth but for her name to actually mean this was so special to me. She was so gracious and such a joy to be around. I do miss her dearly but am glad that her suffering is over. Someone once told me that "You never lose something if you know where its location is." Well, we haven't lost Joey because we certainly DO know where she is. Happy Birthday to my dear Aunt Joey:) Love you!



0 comments: