Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Projects

I have been working on a few projects for Crue's nursery. So far they have turned out really good. This is his changing table. My MIL had this piece of furniture in her spare bedroom and didn't need it so I decided to give it a facelift and use it for Crue's room. It belonged to Cody's Great Grandma so that makes it even more special. Before



To start I "roughed it up" using Steel Wool so that the paint would stick. It had a very shiny and dark finish on it so I had to use 3 coats of paint to cover it. After each coat I lightly sanded it and then painted on another coat.
Briggs was my little helper:)AfterWhat do ya think???? I am in LOVE with it!!!! I got these knobs at Hobby Lobby and let me tell you they MAKE the dresser! I am going to get a different changing pad cover. I am almost done with his nursery and when it is complete I will post pics:)

3 comments:

Kendra said...

Andi, that dresser is great -- I love it! I've been wanting to do that to one of our old dressers, and now I'm definitely going to. :)

Tori said...

Great job! I especially love that it has sentimental value! Can't wait to see the rest of his room!

daramorton said...

Andi it's AWESOME! Great job...